Last month, a promo copy of The Prism turned up at FACT’s office.
The Prism, for those who don’t know, is a new musical format from famed CD hater Nicolas Jaar’s Clown & Sunset label. It’s a small aluminum cube with two headphone slots, and it plays the label’s new compilation, Don’t Break My Love.
Unfortunately, in FACT’s experience, the love did break. It stopped working after two listens – something which may or may not have been our fault. Either we, it got us thinking: what other uses could this new musical format have beyond, you know, playing music? Well dear reader, below are 10 we’ve discovered. You’ll be thanking us later when you’ve got the most stylish door-stop in town.
01. Dirty Projector
02. Nicolas Vaase
03. Don’t Blunt My Pencil
04. Get Rich or Die Trying
05. Salt ‘n’ Pepa
06. The most stylish door-stop in town
07. It’s a Paar: mum could only afford the one Daft Punk helmet
08. “When I monopolize I’ma throw your ass off the boardwalk”
09. “Ralph’s got the cube!” - Lord of the Flies updated for 2012
10. Probably not the most stylish dreidel in town