Kevin Griffiths’ Tsuba imprint have announced Colours Volume One, a compilation celebrating the fruits of its Colours series [via Resident Advisor].
The London-based deep house label, founded by Griffiths in 2006, has played host to occasional instalments of the series over the past few years: a series of singles, some limited to vinyl-only, pressed on coloured wax.
Eleven of these tracks are compiled on Colours Volume One, including original contributions from Huxley [pictured], Ethyl and Moodymanc, alongside remixes from Steffi, Merwyn of the Virgo Four and Larry Heard. The tracks appear both in un-mixed form and as part of an hour-long mix put together by Griffiths.
You can listen to a highlight from the compilation, Larry Heard’s remix of Moodymanc’s ‘Black Paint’, below. Colours Volume One is due for release next month; full tracklist as follows.
1. Kevin Griffiths – ‘Cantona Kung Fu (Original Mix)’
2. Moodymanc – ‘Black Paint (Larry Heard’s After Dark Mix)’
3. Sascha Dive – ‘Jus Groove (Original Mix)’
4. Jordan Peak – ‘Kinda Fine (Steffi Mix)’
5. Mic Newman – ‘Knickerbocker (Original Mix)’
6. Huxley – ‘Cobourg (Agnes Mix)’
7. Moodymanc – ‘Thumbs Up (Original Mix)’
8. Ethyl & Huxley – ‘Haiku Da Niente (Original Mix)’
9. Moodymanc – ‘Melanchronic (Original Mix)’
10. Sascha Dive – ‘Deja Vu (Virgo Four Merwyn Strings Mix)’
11. Kevin Griffiths – ‘Cantona Kung Fu (Sascha Dive’s Chicago Blue Chucaracha Dub)’