Where John Carpenter meets Captain Planet: Space Dimension Controller reveals full details of new album
We mentioned it in our countdown of 2013′s Albums to Look Forward To, and now R&S have announced full details of Space Dimension Controller’s first album for the label, Welcome to Microsektor-50.
SDC, as he’s affectionately known, debuted with a 14-track digital release on Acroplane, Unidentified Flying Oscillator, before honing his glitzy brand of space-disco across a series of singles for Clone, Kinnego (the sublime ‘Love Quadrant’) and R&S, who released his extended Temporary Thrillz and The Pathway to Tiraquon-6 EPs.
Speaking to Resident Advisor this morning, SDC describes his new album as ”follow[ing] the story of Mr. 8040 and his return to the future and his home planet Mikrosector-50. He discovers something when he returns and goes through a sort of personal journey”.
“Musically, it would be a variety of 80′s electro and disco sort of things along with some housey and techno bits. I can’t really name any certain artists, just the mess of 80′s/IDM/Techno/Ambient/etc that’s inside my head. Boards Of Canada would be a major influence on the seamless album thing, but you won’t hear much of an influence from them in the music. The main influence would be films and TV shows more than anything. Things like Garth Marenghi’s Darkplace, Star Wars, John Carpenter movies (I can add his music as an influence too, obviously), Time Masters, Captain Planet, the list could go on for a while probably if I didn’t have a headache from a gig last night.”
R&S will release Welcome to Microsektor-50 on March 5. We’ve embedded SDC’s sublime FACT mix below.
01. Feature Presentation
02. 2357 AD
03. Mr 8040′s Introduction(Mikrosector-50, Mankind’s New Home)
04. Welcome To Mikrosector-50 (Home to Emptiness)
05. Confusion On The Armament Moon (Answers From Max)
06. When Your Love Feels Like Its Fading
07. A Lonely Flight To EroDru-10(Arrival on EroDru-10)
08. You Can’t Have My Love (Chance Diversion)
09. Rising (An Unwelcome Temptation)
10. Quadraskank Interlude (Return to the Love Quadrant)
11. The Love Quadrant(The Future Is Not For Me)
12. Back Through Time With A Mission Of Groove
13. Closing Titles (Who’s Closing In On Gaia?)