Amazon’s UK arm has revealed its all-time top-selling vinyl products.
With the online retailer claiming physical sales of actual albums are up 100 per cent from last year, there’s two key men to thank: Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo and Thomas Bangalter – a.k.a Daft Punk. Random Access Memories, released back in May by Columbia, has already become Amazon UK’s best-selling vinyl record of all time.
Good news all around: according to the Entertainment Retailers Association, the vinyl album market totalled £5.7 million in 2012, a notable bump from the £3.4 million in the previous year. Moreover, the first two quarters of 2013 have shown that sales made in indie record stores have increased by some 45 percent – as compared to 2012.
Here’s Amazon’s top 10 best-selling vinyl records since 1999.
1. Daft Punk, Random Access Memories
2. Adele, 21
3. Amy Winehouse, Back To Black
4. David Bowie, The Next Day
5. Pink Floyd, The Dark Side of the Moon
6. David Bowie, The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust & the Spiders From Mars
7. Arctic Monkeys, Whatever People Say I Am, That’s What I’m Not
8. Pink Floyd, The Dark Side of the Moon (30th Anniversary Ed.)
9. Arcade Fire, The Suburbs
10. The Beatles, ‘Love Me Do’ (50th Anniversary Limited Ed. 7”)