The New Zealand singer-songwriter has curated the upcoming film’s official soundtrack.
Lorde has taken a break from her busy touring schedule to put together the soundtrack for blockbuster film The Hunger Games: Mockingjay – Part 1. Featured on the OST are a diverse array of artists from Grace Jones to Bat for Lashes as well as a number of curious collaborations.
The soundtrack’s opener brings together Lorde, Stromae, Haim, Q-Tip and Pusha T whilst there is also a joint effort from Miguel and The Chemical Brothers. Kanye West has provided a rework of Lorde’s ‘Flicker’.
“Curating the soundtrack for such a hotly-anticipated film was a challenge, but I jumped at the chance,” Lorde said in a press release. “The cast and story are an inspiration for all musicians participating and, as someone with cinematic leanings, being privy to a different creative process has been a unique experience. I think the soundtrack is definitely going to surprise people.”
You can hear Lorde’s ‘Yellow Flicker Beat’ and check the full tracklist below.
1. Stromae “Meltdown” (ft. Lorde, Pusha T, Q-Tip, Haim)
2. Chvrches “Dead Air”
3. Tove Lo “Scream My Name”
4. Charli XCX “Kingdom” (ft. Simon Bon)
5. Various Artists “Track 5”
6. Raury “Lost Souls”
7. Lorde “Yellow Flicker Beat”
8. Tinashé “The Leap”
9. Bat for Lashes “Plan the Escape”
10. Grace Jones “Original Beast”
11. Lorde “Flicker” (Kanye West Rework)
12. XOV “Animal”
13. The Chemical Brothers “This Is Not a Game” (ft. Miguel)
14. Lorde “Ladder Song”