Richard Norris, also known as the Time and Space Machine, also known as half of Beyond the Wizard’s Sleeve with Erol Alkan, has done a mixtape for FACT.
Norris has been entertaining us all year with his Fantasy Island sessions at London’s Camino Bar, and this year released the first Time and Space Machine album, following mini-LPs Volume One (2008) and Volume Two (2009). As you probably guessed from the Time and Space Machine name, it’s a project that allows Norris to indulge his more cosmic tendencies, looking to disco, krautrock, prog and Balearica for inspiration.
Here, he collects twenty of the strangest cuts you’ll find on a mix all year, from Alan Hawkshaw to Savage Grace’s ‘All Along the Watchtower’, with a couple of Norris’s Time and Space Machine edits thrown in for good measure.
1. The Loaded Angels – Aquarius Rising (from ‘Jack The Tab’)
2. Alan Hawkshaw – Rumplestiltskin
3. Warm Sounds – Nite Is A Coming
4. Jaqueline Tiaeb – 7 Heures
5. Jabberwocky – Alice OST
6. George Romanos – Two Little Hours
7. River Theme (T+SM Edit)
8. All Along The Watchtower – Savage Grace
9. Prelude – The Millenium
10. Zoltan The Mynd Reader
11. Fine Jung Thing – The Electric Flag
12. The Oud and the Fuzz – John Berberian
13. Love Like A Man – Helmuth Brandenburg
14. Hard Time – A Time and Space vs Cherrystones edit
15. The March Of The Chessmen – AliceOST
16. Tarot Theme – Andrew Bown
17. Buffalo Roam (T+SM Edit)
18. June – Nirvana
20. Bernard Fevre – New From Tomorrow (T+SM Mix)