The Fade to Mind vocalist details her eagerly-awaited debut.
LA-based, DC-bred singer-songwriter Kelela will release CUT 4 ME on October 1 via Fade to Mind. The 13-track effort enlists heavyhitters from the Fade to Mind / Night Slugs axis, with Bok Bok, Kingdom, Nguzunguzu, Girl Unit, Jam City, Morri$, and more offering production.
CUT 4 ME began as a few freestyles over existing instrumentals and eventually grew into a set of fully collaborative productions. Press materials describe the evocatively-titled effort as a “deeply personal body of work” that confronts “both the ecstatic highs and painful lows of relationships.”
The cover art and tracklist are below, along with the recent video for FACT fave ‘Bank Head’ (which will appear in an extended version on the mixtape). FACT interviewed Kelela earlier this year about moving beyond imitation, studio serendipity, and how she joined Fade to Mind.
01. Guns & Synths [Prod Bok Bok, Napolian, Tariq & Garfield]
02. Enemy [Prod Nguzunguzu]
03. Floor Show [Prod Girl Unit]
04. Do It Again [Prod NA]
05. Go All Night: Let Me Roll [Prod Morri$]
06. Bank Head (Extended) [Prod Kingdom]
07. Cut 4 Me [Prod Kingdom]
08. Keep It Cool [Prod Jam City]
09. Send Me Out [Prod Kingdom]
10. Go All Night: Let it Burn [Prod Morri$]
11. Something Else [Prod Nguzunguzu]
12. A Lie [Prod Bok Bok]
13. Cherry Coffee [Prod Jam City]