Your new favourite DJ brings the sunshine.
We’re not sure exactly how Denis Sulta came to be dubbed “Glasgow’s man of the year”, but as he was behind two of the most essential 12″s of 2015, we’re not going to argue. The young DJ and producer learned the ropes behind the counter of Glasgow institution Rubadub and playing sweatboxes across town, honing his bolshy taste in house, techno, disco and (at his Too Nice night) hip-hop.
He made his production debut on local label Dixon Avenue Basement Jams in 2014, followed by an appearance on NY outlet Mister Saturday Night under his Atlus alias, but his big breakthrough came with last year’s L.A. Ruffgarden EP (also on Dixon Avenue) and his massive entrance on Numbers with ‘It’s Only Real’, a snakecharming sad-techno monster that’s been rinsed by everyone from John Talabot to Kowton to Four Tet.
We’re delighted to have Sulta at the controls for an outrageous pre-weekend FACT mix, where he gets dirty with the filters and pretty much takes the roof off with selections from Le Knight Club, Todd Terry, unreleased heat from Houndstooth, his own ‘Nein Fortiate’ and more.
Crack open a window and crank the system, and if you want the IRL experience, catch Sulta at Farr Festival in Hertfordshire on July 14-16.
01. Africaine 808 – ‘Rhythm Is All You Can Dance’ (Wolf Muller Remix)
03. Denis Sulta – ‘Nein Fortiate’
04. Doctors Cat – ‘Feel The Drive’ (Original 12′ Instrumental Mix)
05. Le Knight Club – ‘Soul Bells’
06. Unknown [Forthcoming on Houndstooth]
07. Joey Chicago – ‘Feels So Good’ (J Paul Getto Remix)
09. Gesloten Cirkel – ‘Zombie Machine’ (Acid)
10. Todd Terry – ‘Keep On Jumpin” (Rhythm Masters Thumpin’ Mix)
11. Harry Parsons – ‘Just Friends’
12. Stephen Brown – ‘Medusa’
14. DJ Metatron – ‘Rave Child’