‘Tick, Tock’ delivers on the “Morricone meets RZA” vibe promised for the The Man with the Iron Fists soundtrack.
Produced by Frank Dukes and S-1, ‘Tick, Tock’ is a widescreen, High Noon affair, complete with titular clockwork sound effects. The trio of Pusha T, Raekwon, and Joell Ortiz are the perfect gunslingers for this cinematic drug deal rap.
The Man with the Iron Fists is RZA’s multimedia tour de force: he co-wrote and directed the film, produced the score, and executive produced the soundtrack.
The soundtrack and score will be out October 23 via RZA’s Soul Temple Records. The film, which stars Russell Crowe and Lucy Liu, will be in theaters on November 2. Stream ‘Tick, Tock’ below; the track list (with full production credits) follows.
1. The Black Keys / RZA : The Baddest Man Alive [produced by The Black Keys and The RZA]
2. Ghostface Killah / M.O.P. / Pharoahe Monch : Black Out [produced by Fizzy Womack]
3. Kanye West : White Dress [produced by Kanye West and The RZA]
4. The Revelations feat. Tre Williams : I Forgot To Be Your Lover [produced by Bob Perry]
5. Idol Warship [Talib Kweli / RES] : Get Your Way [produced by Frank Dukes and BadBadNotGood]
6. The Wu-Tang Clan / Kool G Rap : Rivers of Blood [produced by Frank Dukes and BadBadNotGood]
7. Method Man / Freddie Gibbs / Street Life : Built For This [produced by Frank Dukes]
8. Killa Sin : The Archer [produced by Frank Dukes]
9. RZA / Flatbush Zombies : Just Blowin’ In The Wind [produced by The RZA]
10. Pusha T / Raekwon / Joell Ortiz : Tick, Tock [produced by Frank Dukes and S-1]
11. Corrine Bailey Rae : Chains [produced by Steven James Brown and Corrine Bailey Rae]
12. Francis Yip : Green Is The Mountain
13. The Wu-Tang Clan : Six Directions of Boxing [produced by Frank Dukes]
14. Mable John : Your Good Thing (Is About To Come To An End) [produced by Isaac Hayes and David Porter]
15. Wiz Khalifa / Ghostface Killah / Boy Jones : I Go Hard [produced by The RZA]