As we reported a couple of weeks back, the writer and post-punk connoisseur has selected 23 of his favourite tracks for a new compilation on Caroline True records.
The full tracklist for the compilation, titled Fame: Jon Savage’s Secret History Of Post-Punk (1978-81), has now been revealed. It features an array of gems from Joy Division, Cabaret Voltaire [pictured], Pere Ubu, Wire, The Human League and others.
The compilation took several years to assemble, and comes with liner notes from Savage, as well as previously unseen photos, artwork and memorabilia. It’ll be available in both digital and physical formats; the latter in the form of a limited-edition double LP, complete with deluxe gatefold sleeve and, for the first 50 purchasers, a bonus 7”.
The compilation will be released on digital and Double LP on March 26. Full tracklist and artwork below.
1. Pere Ubu – Heart Of Darkness
2. Chrome – Chromosome Damage
3. Nigel Simpkins – Times Encounter
4. File Under Pop – Heathrow
5. Subway Sect – Imbalance (Rehearsal
6. Kleenex – Ain’t You
1. The Prefects – Total Luck
2. MARS – 3E
3. Rosa Yemen – Herpes Simplex
4. Wire – A Touching Display
5. Joy Division – Autosuggestion
1. Cabaret Voltaire – Partially Submerged
2. Robert Rental & Thomas Leer – The Hard Way In
3. The Human League – The Dignity Of Labour Part 3
4. A.C Marias – Drop
5. Noh Mercy – Caucasian Guilt
6. X_X – No Nonsense
1. The Urinals – Sex
2. The Method Actors – Do The Method
3. Rema Rema – Rema Rema
4. Judy Nylon – Dateline Miami
5. DNA – Blonde Red Head
6. This Heat – A New Kind Of Water (Edit)