After seven years of releases, Gilles Peterson’s Brownswood label is to pull together its favourite remixes in one place.
The label has just hit its 100th release, and Peterson and friends will toast the milestone with a new remix compilation. Brownswood One Hundred Remixed will assemble nine remixes from the Brownswood catalogue, dating from the late 2000s through to the present day.
Joy Orbison’s edit of José James’ ‘BLACKMAGIC’, Machinedrum’s take on Gang Colours’ ‘Fancy Restaurant’ and SBTRKT’s reading of James’ ‘Warrior’ are all included; further edits come from Quantic, George Fitzgerald, Yoruba Soul, Quest Guidance and Michel Cleis. The solitary new remix arrives courtesy of Mala and Simbad, who rework Mala In Cuba cut ‘Noches Sueños’.
Brownswood One Hundred Remixed is due on August 7; check the artwork and tracklist below.
1. José James – BLACKMAGIC (Joy Orbison’s Recreation)
2. Gang Colours – To Repel Ghosts (George Fitzgerald Remix)
3. Ghostpoet – Survive It (Quest Guidance Remix)
4. Ben Westbeech – So Good Today (Yoruba Soul Remix)
5. Gilles Peterson’s Havana Cultura Band – Rezando (Michel Cleis Remix)
6. Owiny Sigoma Band – Doyoi Nyajo Nam (Quantic Remix)
7. José James – WARRIOR (SBTRKT Remix)
8. Mala – Noches Sueños (Mala & Simbad Super Dub Mix)
9. Gang Colours – Fancy Restaurant (Machinedrum Remix)