The wait is over!
Last month, Death Waltz revealed the cover art for the highly-anticipated Twin Peaks OST reissue, which is due out on August 10 via Mondo before heading to brick and mortar stores on September 9. Now the full details, including tracklist and in-store events for the vinyl’s release, have been revealed.
As Welcome to Twin Peaks reports, the album comes in a gatefold sleeve featuring lyrics and liner notes from score composer Angelo Badalamenti and is “housed within a bespoke die cut outer jacket designed by Mondo’s Jay Shaw featuring super subtle white spot varnish text.” The cover image, designed by artist Sam Smith over three years ago mirrors the floor of the Black Lodge, was approved by David Lynch.
— Sam's Myth (@SamsMyth) August 8, 2016
The record, itself, will come on “damn fine coffee”-colored vinyl (which is yellow-and-red-speckled brown, apparently) that was pressed from recut vinyl masters from the Warner archives.
Stores across the US will host Coffee and Pie events on September 6 to celebrate the release with a preview listening and, we hope, coffee and pie.
01. ‘Twin Peaks Theme’
02. ‘Laura Palmer’s Theme’
03. ‘Audrey’s Dance’
04. ‘The Nightingale’
05. ‘Freshly Squeezed’
01. ‘The Bookhouse Boys’
02. ‘Into The Night’
03. ‘Night Life In Twin Peaks’
04. ‘Dance Of The Dream Man’
05. ‘Love Theme From Twin Peaks’
Coffee and Pie Event Locations:
– Portland, OR @ Music Millennium
– Birmingham, AL @ Seasick Records
– Los Angeles, CA @ Amoeba Hollywood
– Fullerton, CA @ Burger Records
– Burbank, CA @ Dark Delicacies
– Wallingford, CT @ Redscroll
– Orlando, FL @ Park Ave CDs
– Atlanta, GA @ Criminal Records
– Chicago, IL @ Reckless Records (Broadway)
– Chicago, IL @ Reckless Records (Wicker Park)
– Indianapolis, IN @ Luna Music
– Golden Valley, MN @ Down In The Valley
– Brooklyn, NY @ Rough Trade
– Portland, OR @ Mississippi Records
– Nashville, TN @ Grimey’s
– Austin, TX @ End Of An Ear
– Austin, TX @ Waterloo
– Seattle, WA @ Easy Street
– Seattle, WA @ Scarecrow Video
– Seattle, WA @ Stoup Brewery
Read next: A beginner’s guide to Angelo Badalmenti