The UK techno artist has gathered exclusives from Via App and Shanti Celeste for the Berlin institution’s next mix CD.
Featuring 36 tracks over 75 minutes, Kern Vol. 3 includes tracks from veterans such as Kirk DeGiorgio and Thomas Heckmann alongside recent faces Beatrice Dillon, Machine Woman and Ondo Fudd.
The tracklist also has a significant number of names from the experimental scene: Bee Mask, Philadelphia’s _moonraker, Yair Elazar Glotman and The Colundi Sequence mastermind Aleksi Perälä all appear.
As the producer explains in a press release, the mix is made up of old favourites and recent additions to his record bag, and was planned over a period of six months, “presenting itself primarily as a DJ mix but settling in a sweet spot between live recording and studio trickery.”
“The tracklist spans styles, decades and BPMs in an attempt to craft a mix that’s unpredictable and compelling in equal measure – one that draws from the more adventurous corners of my club sets, but above all, one that’s a pleasure to listen to,” he says.
Objekt has also gathered exclusives from four artists: Brooklyn’s Via App, Shanti Celeste, Polzer and Clatterbox. These tracks will be released on a standalone EP alongside a 12″ of rarities that feature on the mix from Pollon, Fret, Mono Junk and Kirk DeGiorgio’s Future/Past moniker.
Released on July 8, the mix comes in the midst of Tresor’s 25th anniversary year, which is also marked with a three-day festival in July and a compilation in October. The mix will be launched with a party at Tresor featuring Objekt, DJ Bone, Call Super, Shanti Celeste, Machine Woman and more.
While you wait for Kern Vol. 3 to arrive, revisit Objekt’s FACT mix.
1. _moonraker – Canobraction
2. Beatrice Dillon – Halfway
3. Aleksi Perälä – UK74R1409037
4. Seldom Seen – So So So
5. Final Cut – The Escape
6. Mono Junk – I’m Okey
7. nsi. – Squelch
8. Echo 106 – 100M Splutter
9. Future/Past – Nebula Variation
10. The Persuader – What Is the Time, Mr. Templar?
11. Birdland – Can U Dance To My Edit?
12. Pollon – Lost Souls
13. Fret – Stuck
14. Shanti Celeste – Lights
15. Anna Caragnano & Donato Dozzy – Love Without Sound
16. Clatterbox – Aspect Ratio
17. Via App – From Across the Room (edit)
18. TX81Z – Googol
19. Polzer – Static Rectifier
20. Thomas Heckmann – Chiswick Days
21. Sole Tech – Jit the Anthem (75 South)
22. Ueno Masaaki – Supersolid State
23. Dave Smolen – Manual Control
24. Aleksi Perälä / Nick Forte – Untitled (Colundi everyOne) / Druse
25. Bee Mask – Frozen Falls
26. Marcus Schmickler & Julian Rohrhuber – Linear Congruence / Intercalation
27. Ondo Fudd – Blue Dot
28. Yair Elazar Glotman – Oratio Continua (Part I)
29. Rully Shabara – Faring
30. ACI_EDITS – 02
31. Dresvn ft. Sensational – Bliss (DJ Sotofett’s Raggabalder Dubplate Version)
32. Machine Woman – Swedishmanwithtwoblackboxes
33. Anokie – Black Knight Satellite
34. Skarn – Revolver
35. Ruff Cherry – The Empath
36. Space Brothers – Lodore (Purple Twilight remix)