From the Black Country to Black Mirror.
Legendary Midlander Clint Mansell has revealed that his soundtrack to Black Mirror episode ‘San Junipero’ will be released by Lakeshore Records this year.
Mansell is best known for scoring the films of Darren Aronofsky, such as Requiem for a Dream and Black Swan, but he started his musical career on a different path, as the frontman of notorious grebo act Pop Will Eat Itself.
Now in its third season – the first for streaming giant Netflix – Black Mirror has garnered significant attention for its varied selection of scores. Geoff Barrow and Ben Salisbury contributed music to ‘Men Against Fire’ and released the soundtrack on Barrow’s own Invada imprint, while Max Richter handled ‘Nosedive’.
The ‘San Junipero’ soundtrack is due for release on December 2 via Lakeshore.
01. ‘San Junipero (80s-90s-00s-??s)’
02. ‘Faith, Hope, Fear & Falling In Love’
03. ‘Tick Tock (Clock Of My Heart)’
04. ‘Night Drive’
05. ‘Property Of Tucker Systems’
06. ‘In Sickness, In Health’
07. ‘Life Eternal’
08. ‘Waves Crashing On Distant Shores Of Time’
09. ‘Endless Summer’
10. ‘San Junipero’ (Saturday Night In the City Of The Dead)