Halloween needs to return to its traditions,” says the director.

Horror legend John Carpenter is on board to executive produce the new Halloween film and potentially compose the soundtrack, CoS reports. 

The news was revealed at a press conference last night (May 23), with Carpenter confirming that he will also be creative consultant on the new version of the 1978 chiller, vowing to make the tenth sequel of the franchise “the scariest of them all.”

“Halloween needs to return to its traditions,” he said. “I feel like the movies have gotten away from that… Michael is not just a human being; he’s a force of nature, like the wind. That’s what makes him so scary.”

Jason Blum, founder of production company Blumhouse Films, which is steering the release, said it also looked “very promising” that Carpenter may return as a composer. 

The film, which is being produced by Malek Akkad, has no confirmed release date as yet.

Meanwhile, Carpenter has been busy making new music, releasing his debut album Lost Themes in 2015 and following this up with Lost Themes II earlier in the year.

Read next: A beginner’s guide to master of horror John Carpenter

Latest Stories

Latest Stories

Share Tweet
+