The LP will feature new recordings of Morricone’s classic scores by the Czech National Symphony Orchestra.
Ennio Morricone will release a greatest hits album called Morricone 60, which is due for release on October 7.
Returning to Decca Records for a new deal that the Italian composer has called “an extraordinary moment in my 60th professional anniversary year,” the LP will trace the entirety of the 87-year-old’s career and includes tracks from Quentin Tarantino’s western The Hateful Eight, which Morricone won his first Oscar for in February.
The 18-track album also includes the soundtracks to spaghetti westerns like The Good, The Bad and the Ugly and Once Upon a Time in the West, along with new recordings of his classic scores by the Czech National Symphony Orchestra, as Billboard reports. See the tracklist below.
The Hateful Eight soundtrack, which also received a Golden Globe and a BAFTA Award, was originally composed for John Carpenter’s 1982 horror classic The Thing.
Meanwhile, Morricone revealed in February that he is planning to work with Quentin Tarantino on the score to another movie.
01. ‘The Man with the Harmonica’ (from Once Upon a Time in the West)
02. ‘The Fortress’ (from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)
03. The Good the Bad and the Ugly – Main theme (from the film)
04. ‘Jill’s Theme’ (from Once Upon a Time in the West)
05. A Fistful of Dynamite (from the film with the same name)
06. ‘The Ecstasy of Gold’ (from The Good, the Bad and the Ugly)
07. ‘Gabriel’s Oboe’ (from The Mission)
08. ‘Falls’ (from The Mission)
09. ‘On Earth as it is in Heaven’ (from The Mission)
10. ‘Nuovo Cinema Paradiso’
11. ‘Abolisson’ (from Quemada)
12. ‘Chi Mai’
14. ‘Metti una Sera a Cena’ (from the film)
15. ‘Croce d’Amore’ (from Metti una Sera a Cena)
16. ‘Deborah’s Theme’ (from Once Upon a Time in America)
17. ‘Stage Coach to Red Rock’ (from The Hateful Eight)
18. ‘Bestiality’ (from The Hateful Eight)