Boddika & Joy Orbison, The Black Madonna and Traumprinz feature on the 16-track mix.
Running Back boss Gerd Janson will mix the 89th instalment of Fabric’s long-running mix series.
Featuring music from Traumprinz, Boddika & Joy Orbison and Joe Claussell, the 16-track CD is a party-focused selection that combines recent favourites with exclusive tracks from John Talabot and Caribou, whose ‘Sun’ is remixed by Prins Thomas. Remixes from The Black Madonna, Border Community’s Luke Abbott and Glenn Underground are also included on the mix.
“Recording mixes is always very painful for me – especially if I know that someone is going to spend money on it,” Janson says in a press release. My self-confidence as a DJ is at gutter level, and doing one for fabric, as part of a series amongst the best of the best, is quite intimidating.”
“[I] tried to eternise the valleys and the mountains of a 12-hour long epic journey onto one silver disc.”
The Frankfurt DJ has operated the Running Back label since 2002, which has released records from Move D, Tensnake, Mark E, Suzanne Kraft and Theo Parrish over the years.
Having scored a residency at the city’s famed Robert Johnson club in the early ‘00s Jansen has become an in-demand international selector, but recent years have seen him become just as well known for producing music alongside Philip Lauer as Tuff City Kids.
Fabric 89 is released on August 19. The mix will be launched at Fabric in London on July 30, where Jansen will play alongside Radio Slave and Scott Grooves. Full information and tickets can be found at the Fabric website.
01. Todd Terje – Snooze 4 Love (Luke Abbott Remix)
02. John Talabot – Voices (fabric Edit)
03. Traumprinz – Love Yeah
04. Shan – The City Never Sleeps
05. Boddika & Joy Orbison – Severed Seven
06. Mateo Murphy – Apex
07. Geeeman – Wanna Go Bang (Catz ‘N Dogz Edit)
08. Q-Burns Abstract Message – Mess Of Afros (Glenn Underground Remix)
09. Inner Sense – MoTP
10. Mike Ash – Return To Acid
11. Nick Höppner – Relate (The Black Madonna Remix)
12. HMC – Marauder
13. Joe Claussell – Rhythm
14. Roger Van Lunteren – Hills, I Want You
15. Scott Grooves – Finished
16. Caribou – Sun (Prins Thomas Diskomiks)