Last month, FACT featured Distal, an Atlanta-based artist exploring the grey area between house, dubstep, footwork and hip-hop, and unlike many people who operate in so-called grey areas, actually having some fun while doing so.
We’re now able to proudly present Distal’s FACT mix. Packed with dubs from his Embassy Recordings label, including a must-hear DJ Assault remix of Boston up-and-comer Wheez-ie, FACT mix 279 starts off in a slow, chugging vein but doesn’t take long to descend into darkness, with snapping 808 rhythms, acid basslines and ghetto-house style vocals the order of the day. Bang them fuckin’ walls.
Distal’s ‘Angry Acid’ and ‘Boss of the South’ singles, for Tectonic and Grizzly respectively, are out now and essential.
1. Moldy – Sun Too Bright (Dub)
2. D51 – Chicago to Detroit (Distal Remix) (Ghetto Division)
3. Omar S – Churchill (FXHE)
4. Arctic – Atomicity (Part 1) (Car Crash Set)
5. Unknown – Dubplate
6. Unknown – Dubplate
7. Randomer – Obtuse (Super Recordings)
8. Wheez-ie – 5 Fingered Salute
9. LAS – Trippin
10. Nina B. Blanka – Hollup (Distal Remix) (dub)
11. Lurka – Refresher (dub)
12. LOL Boys – Bang Them (CoCo Bass)
13. Wheez-ie – Barefoot Billy (DJ Assault Remix) (Embassy Recordings)
14. Simple & Helix – Licking Peanut Butter
15. Clicks & Whistles – Serious Bidness (Embassy Recordings)
16. Mite & E-Walk – Iron Garden
17. Clicks & Whistles – Moment of Truth (Embassy Recordings)
18. DJ Umberto – I Got Bangz (Unreleased)
19. Distal – Vampire Lightning (NightShifters)