The Parisian dance label prepares the latest entry in their Crossover Series.
Operated by Teki Latex and Orgasmic, Sound Pellegrino has carried the torch of former patrons Insitubes, releasing music by the likes of L-Vis 1990, Para One, and Gucci Vump. The label will follow last year’s SND.PE Vol. 01 compilation, with a set of 10 collaborations by pairs of often-divergent producers, continuing the series of releases that has included team-ups by Bok Bok & Tom Trago and Surkin & Todd Edwards.
SND.PE Vol. 02: Crossover Series is described a response to the type of micro-genre specialization that has led to what Teki Latex describes as a “new generation of chin-stroking 14-year-old YouTube-bred musical intellectuals [that] tends to be jaded, easily bored and boring.”
“We have nothing against keeping micro-genres pure and visions unaltered: we are music lovers and humble specialists,” Teki writes via a press release, “but we also do love mixing things up and finding unexpected common threads between styles because guess what? That’s what DJs do.”
The cover art and tracklist for the compilation are below, along with a stream of Crystal & Ikonika’s lithe, electro-laced ‘Dream Incubation’. SND.PE Vol. 02 is due out January 27 and is available to pre-order now.
1. Matthias Zimmermann & SCNTST — ‘Tommy’
2. Crystal & Ikonika — ‘Dream Incubation’
3. Eero Johannes & Teki Latex — ‘Things That I Do’
4. Crackboy & Jean Nipon — ‘Ligne Onze’
5. Dexter & Gant-Man — ‘Ur Booty Soft’
6. L-Vis 1990 & Sinjin Hawke — ‘The Pit’
7. Feadz & Orgasmic — ‘Throw It Up’
8. Nicolas Malinowsky & Tommy Kruise — ‘Disstopia’
9. Truncate & TWR72 — ‘Frame’
10. Helix & Hrdvsion — ‘Gmail’