Japanese label readies its second compilation.
Kenji Takimi has been operating his Crue-L Records imprint from Tokyo since 1992. For more than two decades, Takimi has been issuing records from obscure Japanese pop producers such as Cornelius and Buffalo Daughter whilst developing a relationship with likeminded interational DJs including Theo Parrish and DJ Harvey. The former has supplied an 18-minute remix of Takimi’s Crue-L Grand Orchestra outfit to the label’s forthcoming compilation. His remix was previously issued on a sold-out 12″ back in 2010.
Crue-L Cafe II compiles tracks from Japanese producers and artists from abroad. fusion group 9dw and label lynchpins Being Borings are represented, alongside efforts from Ukranian house producer Vakula, Itailan pair Crimea X, Justin Vandervolgen’s TBD project and LA house guru Magic Touch.
Crue-L Cafe II is scheduled to arrive on October 10. Check the tracklist and hear Magic Touch & Laura Ingalls’ ‘New York City Woman’ below. [via RA]
01. Tomoki Kanda – Everybody Wants To Rule The World (Hikaru& Miyashita’s Naha City Free Feel 2 Edit)
02. Crue-L Grand Orchestra Vs TBD – Barbarella’s Disco
03. Magic Touch & Laura Ingalls – New York City Woman
04. Fran-Key – Soredesho
05. The Beauty – Do You Remember The First Time
06. Being Borings – LolloL (Crimea X Remix)
07. 9dw – Bassa Marea
08. Crystal – Heavenly Overtone (Vakula Remix)
09. Crue-L Grand Orchestra – (You are) More Than Paradise (Theo Parrish Translation Long Version 2)